Ask your customers what they want & then listen!
Learn to be more purposeful, productive and prosperous with tips from this week’s guest Curt Mercadante! Curt shares valuable insights on the importance of real human conversation and knowing your impact story. Learn how to avoid “verbal vomit” and instead give your customers what they want!
- 1:10 – Meet Curt – he has trained, coached, and delivered keynotes and workshops to clients across the globe, is the host of the Authority Brand Podcast, and a best-selling author.
- 4:03 – Why he shut down his ad agency – had big clients who focused on big numbers that didn’t move the meter. Decided to focus instead on helping small and medium-size businesses that focused more on outcomes.
- 4:48 – What is an impact story? – One sentence that speaks in a compelling, clear way as to what that client wants.
- 5:28 – Build a strong foundation – “I’ve worked with a lot of people who have tried the “easy button” and it wasn’t so easy because they didn’t know where they were going.”
- 6:03 – Bot society – In-person discussions are important. A lot of people want to just run ads and never actually deal with people, and that doesn’t work well.
- 6:46 – Customer service – it takes conversations to retain clients and gain new ones. Have human conversations in a real and meaningful way, then talk about tools and technology.
- 8:53 – Use the phone!
- 9:23 – Avoid “verbal vomit” – we tell them everything that is wonderful, but what they really want to know is what’s in it for me?
- 10:03 – Ask what they want and then listen – after you learn what they want then communicate your positive impact in direct response to their answer.
- 10:59 – Fulfill your why, but do it by also giving people what they need
- 12:45 – Ask and they will tell
- 14:56 – Have non-scripted conversations
- 16:13 – How to answer “what do you do?” – never give them a job title – talk to the positive impact.
- 17:33 – If you wouldn’t do it in person, don’t do it online or on the phone!
- 18:37 – 5 pillars of freedom lifestyles
LINKS TO CURT’S BOOK and PODCAST
Five Pillars of the Freedom Lifestyle: How to Escape Your Comfort Zone of Misery
The Authority Brand Podcast
Curt Mercadante helps individuals, businesses and teams become more purposeful, productive, and prosperous. For 23 years, he has counseled small businesses, entrepreneurs, as well as some of the largest corporations and associations in the country. He’s built three profitable businesses, including a 7-figure PR and ad agency.
Curt has trained, coached, and delivered keynotes and workshops to clients across the globe. He is a Gallup-Certified Strengths Trainer, a Certified Human Behavior Consultant, host of The Authority Brand podcast, and author of the bestselling book, “Five Pillars of the Freedom Lifestyle.”