Subscribe and Listen to The Apartments on the Go Podcast

Media image/svg+xml Media i-heart radio pandora

Episode 32: Staying Two Steps Ahead of The Curve – Tom Rector

“We’re always looking for the next best thing and the things that are going to be trendy and help our customers stand out amongst the crowd.”

In this episode, Matt and Courtney chat with Tom Rector, the CEO of ScreenBroidery, a creative merchandising agency that combines data science with innovative techniques to create custom engineered products.

Tom talks about his extensive experience in brand marketing and how it can be adapted for the multifamily property management industry.

“We have always been on this …[Read More]

Episode 31: Ignite Your Motivational Fire – Cliff Devries

“...How can we break this down? How can we put it into really small steps so that, every day, we can have a little success and get over a little challenge?”

In this episode, Matt and Courtney chat with Cliff Devries, the Head Diving Coach at the Rochester Institute of Technology, a private research university based in Rochester, New York. Throughout his 17-year career as the Head Diving Coach for RIT, he has coached eight All-Americans and every season, has a …[Read More]

Episode 30: It’s a Bot Time – Robert Turnbull

“Renters want real-time, accurate conversations. They want it wherever they are in the digital marketplace.”

In this episode, Matt and Courtney chat with Robert Turnbull, the President and Founder of BetterBot, a company that aims to build the best conversational leasing bot in the real estate rental market.

Robert has more than 20 years in multifamily property management and 25 years inventing businesses, even creating Apartment Guide in 1999. And he’s learned a thing or two during that time. Mainly, he’s learned …[Read More]

Episode 29: The Why and Value of Getting Involved with Associations – Megan Orser

“…To me, the wealth is so deep in the network that we can rely on, and that’s what really makes us successful.”

In this episode, Matt and Courtney chat with Megan Orser, the CEO and Director of Professional Development of Smart Apartment Solutions, a company that delivers custom, innovative solutions to a wide variety of property management problems, including marketing, staffing, education, and more.

Megan grew up in the property management industry, as her mom was a community manager and her dad …[Read More]

Episode 28: Turning Purpose and Motivation into Action – Jamie Dalferes

“…Because operational training within itself is only about 10% of a person’s performance. You have to look at the other 90%. That’s where the problem usually lies.”

In this episode, Matt and Courtney chat with Jamie Dalferes, the founder and CEO of Change Reaction, a company that aims to improve employee retention and performance with definitive steps and measurable outcomes through its three-step solution: hiring right, leading right, and promoting right.

Jamie has worked in the learning and development sector for more …[Read More]

Episode 27: 9 Lives of Printing – Joe Summers

“COVID has taught our industry to expect the unexpected…I think there is going to be a shift in what residents truly want moving forward.”

In this episode, Matt and Courtney chat with Joe Summers, the Chief Revenue Officer for PrintWithMe, a printing network company based out of Chicago. PrintWithMe is the first network self-serving, modern printer stations. Their printers can be found in more than 1,000 locations across the US, including coffee shops, apartments, and co-working spaces.

Joe has more than 20 …[Read More]

Sign up for our weekly newsletter that brings you the biggest stars, insights to trends, best practices and actions you can take away from each episode.